Hey there, you just opened my article. It seems that you are a basketball lover and moreover you are looking for the best basketball shoes for your wide feet, right?
It’s natural to have wide feet and I know how annoying it is when your sneakers are not comfortable while playing. In this article, I have prepared a list of the top 10 comfy sneakers for basketball players.
As we all know that basketball is one of the most loved sports all around the world and millions of us not only enjoy watching the game but playing it as well. As a basketball fan, you know that the most important gear for playing this game is your shoes.
Playing Basketball requires a lot of movements like running, jumping, changing directions, etc. your shoes are going to be your best ally for this game.
What if you have wider feet? The average pair of shoes will probably fit uncomfortably and results in blisters and pressure marks on your feet. Finding a comfortable, wide-width court, proper-fitting shoes is very difficult.
It is difficult, not impossible so, don’t be sad, there are a few basketball shoes that are specially designed for the players that have Shrek feet.
List of Top 10 Basketball Shoes for Wide Feet
My aim to write this article is to help you find the most comfortable sneakers for your wide feet so you can perform well during the game and ensure the safety of your feet. Before going into the details, I want to tell you that it’s not an easy job to find wide basketball sneakers.
But the list of shoes that I have designed will be very helpful for you to decide which shoes to buy for an awesome gaming experience irrespective of Your wide feet problem.
Let’s go through each of the Top 10 Basketball Shoes in a bit of detail.
1. Adidas D Lillard 2.0 – Best Comfy Sneakers for Basketball Players
Adidas D Lillard 2.0 has the newest cushioning system, a stable frame that includes a midsole system to add stability. It also has strong upper material to make the shoe durable and bear harsh, quick movements properly.
There is also plastic arch support that makes Adidas D Lillard supportive and assists to unlock the potential of bounce cushioning. Its outsole which is made up of continental rubber makes the shoe a good outdoor option as well regardless of weather conditions.
The sole pattern is sticky and dense too, gripping the floor is not an issue but there is a problem the sole collects dust quickly in the outsole tread pattern that causes slipping, you must wipe your shoes from time to time for your safety.
There are a lot of Techs available in these shoes as discussed above, it is made up of awesome quality material and it fits well without pinching or restricting your foot. I think Adidas Lillard 2 are great shoes that are very affordable and fit most people’s needs.
If you want a good gaming experience, have a wide foot, and are looking for sneakers that are comfortable, Adidas D Lillard 2 is the best option for you. This shoe offers a lot to its user as compared to its price.
- Fantastic performance
- Suitable for outdoor play
- Frequent wiping needed
- May slip-on indoor floors
2. Under Armor UA Jet 2017 – Stylish Sneakers for Wide Feet
Under Armor UA jet have a stylish and smart look with Under armor on the sides of the shoe. The upper part of this shoe is made up of textile that makes the shoe breathable. Leather is also used in some parts to make the shoes good-looking as well as for support.
These sneakers are durable and stable they can last for a bit longer as compared to some others. Padded mesh collar, lace-up collar, molded Ortholite sock liner that increases cushioning made these shoes comfortable during the game.
Traction is an important accept to consider while you are on the court. These shoes have a one-piece rubber outsole that provides great traction and lockdown. It earns that these shoes are best to ensure your feet stay where they are meant to be. You can perform better lateral and linear movements without worrying about how your shoes are behaving.
On top of all characteristics, these shoes are affordable. People who have purchased these shoes have said that they are satisfied with the outstanding performance and stylish look of the Under Armor UA jet. I hope that you will have no regret if you buy these shoes to have a fantastic gaming experience.
- Good looking
- Has great traction and lockdown
- Lasts for a long time
- Have padded mesh collar and tongue
- These shoes are a little large
- The outsole does not last for longer outdoor aggressive plays
3. Nike Lebron XIII – Best Performance Shoes with Great Traction and Cushioning
Nike LeBron XIII’S outer material meshes it also has plastic-like HyperPosite layers that protect the outer material of shoes from deforming on sharp movements. This footwear has a very thick sole that makes your movements smooth and soft.
These shoes also have Nike FLYWIRE that is a synthetic layer under the mesh it provides the shoe’s stability during movements and prevents accidental sliding during an action. Breathable mesh inside the shoe provides excellent comfort, feet do not suffer any pain or tightness on movements these shoes are also an excellent choice for the players.
Nike LeBron XIII has hex pads on the outsole that makes their grip effective. These shoes have very lightweight if you want to play with light shoes these shoes are best for you. LeBron’s shoes are pricy, but they offer high performance, superb comfort level, consistent traction, and a wide variety of tech that make them worthy of purchase.
- Provide excellent grip and traction
- Offers a lot of comport
- Provide excellent flexibility, stability, mobility, and support
- Little higher price
- Ankle collar can be a source of discomfort for some people
- Design is not attractive
4. Adidas D Rose 7 Primeknit – Excellent for Players with Wider Feet
D Rose 7 Primeknit upper part is made up of pure Primeknit nylon is also used at some spots that you even do not feel it is just to increase the durability of shoes. The synthetic leather layer is also there to strengthen the shoe, on top of all upper is comfortable, breathable, and durable.
These shoes are very comfortable also have excellent lockdown and stability but there is a problem that could be a source of discomfort for you that is your toe constantly hit the toe box while making a quick move.D Rose 7 Primeknit gives great support and containment while still providing good mobility and comfort with primeknit upper.
Traction is also superb; shoe soles can grip the floor to a crazy extent, but they have a translucent outsole that pick-up dust quickly and you must wipe your shoes more often. Other than that, traction is also awesome, and these shoes are also durable for outdoor courts.
There are two versions of D Rose 7 players with wide feet should go for primeknit version instead of synthetic leather so the shoes with primeknit hug the wider foot better.
- Well balanced cushioning
- Provide support for everyone also for wide feet players
- Primeknit version is excellent for people with wider feet instead of synthetic leather versions
- Outsole need wiping frequently
- Your Toes suffer if you played aggressively
5. Under Armour Men’s Curry 3 – Stylish and Comfy Sneakers for Wide Feet
The upper part is of thread borne with AnaFoam on the heel and sides of the shoe. It is extremely comfortable and mobile.
Some techs are used in the design of Under Armour Curry 3 like Anafoam that is basically a soft foam-like material on the ankle and medial side of the shoes another tech is thread borne it is dense textile material used on the upper part of the shoe.
Under Armour Curry 3 is definitely comfortable but there is a little problem with the laces they tend to loosen after playing the game for 20-30 minutes at the start, after some time they adjust to your feet.
If you want a very tight fit I will recommend you go for half a size down and if you have wide foot go half a size up because these shoes are long but not much wide.
Traction is fine, they grip the floor very well and have good stopping ability. Here is an issue you can slip if you don’t wipe your shoes to ensure your safety you have to wipe them regularly. The outsole is made up of rubber it is not the most durable but still it is good for outdoor playing.
Surprisingly there are plenty of features in these shoes that provide excellent support and stability like heel counter, carbon fiber wings on sides, mid-top ankle collar, and pretty wide base of the shoe.
- Great support in all areas
- Stylish and comfortable
- Traction is sensitive to dust
- Laces need time to adjust according to your feet
- Going for the exact size result in a bad fit
6. Nike Air Force 1 – Nike’s Best Shoe for Wide Feet
Nike Air Force 1 is classic, lightweight, and durable basketball shoes that have a clear, streamlined design. Its design provides excellent comfort to the players.
These shoes have an upper made up of leather and extremely lightweight material. They also have cushioned collars for comfortable fit and ankle lockdown. Zoom air technology in these shoes provides cushioning that combines pressurized air and fabric on the internal side it resulting in more bounce-back padding.
Nike Air Force 1 also has a lightweight, full-length inner sole that provides arch cushioning which prevents injury by absorbing shocks. These shoes also have amazing traction and great fit which are great features for basketball shoes. Though it is a very famous classic style shoe it is still not recommended as very best for basketball players who are very serious.
- Classic style
- Have lightweight
- Nike shoes have a soft inner sole and are comfortable for wide feet as well
- Springy cushioning gives the player the ability to make really fast moves
- Offer high durability by the leather fabric used in the construction of the shoe
- These shoes lack sufficient breathability for some users
- The style seems not very good
7. Under Armour Fireshot – Wide Foot Sneakers
Under Armour, Fire Shot is also another top basketball shoe. These shoes are designed in a way that provides extra flexibility, bounce, and responsiveness.
They have lightweight you can easily wear them for a long time and are durable, they can withstand the harsh movements and jumps while playing. The Fireshot Comp Fit shoe upper material is soft, pliable and it stretches to fit your wider foot.
Rubber midsole with Micro G sockliner prevents injury and provides comfort to your foot. Comp Fit tongue helps you to ensure a snug fit and protects you from lace-bite. Armour fire shot shoe has a rubber outsole with a spider web pattern that enhances the traction, allowing shoes to grip court sufficiently for multi-directional mobility and control.
Although these shoes are well-cushioned, durable, flexible, affordable, they can’t withstand very extensive play for the long run.
- Weight is extremely light
- Stylish and are comfortable
- Get dirty quickly
- Can’t use for extensive for the long run
8. Jordan Nike Men’s Air XXXI -Jordan Brand Shoe for Wider Feet
Jordan Nike Men’s Air XXXI are good-looking basketball shoes that come with a Jordan logo. The upper material is made up of premium fabric that gives them a good appearance and the heel is made up of synthetic leather that is one of the desired features in basketball shoes.
These sneakers give maximum responsiveness and enhanced cushioning that helps the player to be quick and comfortable even during the game’s explosive moments.
An inner sleeve wraps your foot to provide a personalized fit, and pods in the heel provide extra cushioning. There is also a space for an ankle brace it means that even wide footers will love these shoes. The outsole of these shoes that is made up of solid and durable rubber provides you a chance to use these shoes for outdoor gaming.
- Awesome looking
- Cushioning is reasonably good
- Logo looks fair
- Traction is not perfect for dusty and slippery floor
- These shoes can be too long for average feet
9. Under Armour G Assert 6 – Lightweight Wide Feet Shoe
The upper of this product is made up of a supportive foam layer that ensures the comfort of ankles as well as whole feet. The inner layer is made up of breathable mesh that helps your feet to stay in a cozy environment the whole time during playing.
These shoes are lightweight in design which assists to avoid dragging even for tired legs and feet and are also quite breathable which is due to the upper part.
Under Armour Micro G assert 6 are found to be one of the most comfortable shoes by some people while others find blistering in their feet due to narrow design and high heels of the shoe. These shoes offer fair cushioning that helps you wear them for the long term.
The outsole of these sneakers is made up of lightweight and durable material, it also has rubber traction at high-pressure zones. Their tractions sticky enough on the dry floor but on the wet floor there is a fear of slipping.
These shoes offer fair support and stability to the bottom of the foot with an additional feature of the removable insole to accommodate orthotics if ever needed.
- These shoes have a super lightweight that makes them ideal for performance
- The outsole has rubber traction at high-pressure zones Ideal for people with high feet
- The heel is high it causes rubbing and discomfort sometimes
- Traction is great for the dry floor but on the wet floor, there is a fear of slipping
- The toe box also seems to be a little small
10. Adidas men’s crazy explosive – Primeknit Basketball Shoe
Adidas men’s crazy explosive is designed for providing better performance, strength, speed, and most importantly comfort for wide feet basketball players.
Their upper is made up of breathable, dual mesh, and synthetic material. These shoes also have a high top that provides ankle support without any mobility restrictions. They have Boost cushioning technology that is famous for providing comfort, energy, better performance at a very reasonable price.
These shoes have a durable, rubber outsole that is good for traction, mobility, and control on the court. But their traction wears down quickly and they also don’t have tongue padding that can be a source of irritation on top of your foot while playing.
- Style is good
- Provide superior energy return
- Upper may seem stiff
- Don’t have tongue padding
- Traction is not durable
What You Have to Look When Buying Wide-Width Basketball Shoes?
Every basketball player knows how much impact shoes have on their game. Almost all players want to buy shoes that are perfect for them. Before buying basketball shoes for wide feet there are some factors that you have to consider:
- Style and Quality
Okay now, let’s go through all these factors one by one in a bit of detail.
Basketball is a game that involves cutting, slashing, running, and many speedy movements.
It is crucial for the basketball player to make these movements without the fear of sliding or getting himself injured. The traction pattern on your shoe plays an important role in preventing you from sliding, slipping, and knee or ankle twisting.
Read also: Best Basketball Shoes for Traction
Traction is not just the appearance of shoes it is the design that allows the player to perform better and ensure his self-protection.
The higher the grip the safer it is for you to make sudden lateral, running moves. it is crucial that wide-width basketball shoes should have large traction patterns than traction patterns on the bottom part of narrow or average basketball shoes.
Cushioning is another factor that should be considered to buy wide-width basketball shoes.
While choosing comfy shoes One should know about different cushioning technologies incorporated by different basketball shoe brands into the products they designed.
Under armor charged cushioning technology provide dual-layer comfort and support system that is made from two layers of foam, one is a soft foam that is placed on firm or a thick foam
Nike Zoom Air Cushioning technology consists of a pad that springs back quickly which helps you to move speedier. Nike Zoom Air Cushioning technology combines the internal fibers and pressurized air for a responsive bounce-back effect.
Adidas Boost Cushioning Technology combines performance energy and soft padding means that the higher energy you exert the higher the cushioned bounce you will feel.
Another important factor is how fit the shoes are on your feet. If your shoe does not fit well it causes unease that leads to poor performance.
I am going to tell you the most important thing that you should consider when you are making sense of the correct fit for your wide feet. Your toe box must be broad, if not it can cause weight on your toe that results in wounded and ingrown toenails that will negatively affect your performance.
Before buying a basket, ball shoes make sure to wear them and stand up and verify where your toe is, make sure that your thumb has enough space to move freely.
Be sure to consider the support that shoes provide while shopping for a pair of wide-width basketball sneakers. In the supports that require spontaneous moves, running and jumping ankle injuries are most common that affect players to an extent that they undergo painful surgeries to repair them.
To keep yourself safe from such accidents finding shoes that support your ankle is necessary to make your gaming time amazing. You can go for shoes that have high ankle collars.
Style and Quality
Style is something that we should consider at last but most of the time it is the first thing that we look for while shopping.
The style of basketball shoes can’t help you to perform well you should not sacrifice the quality of shoes just for the style. Maybe the style of shoe that excites you is not the best sneaker for your wide foot and after buying that one you can’t play well, or God forbid that shoes cause injury or bruise on your feet.
Do not ever get attracted to the brands, advertisements and all glamour only buy the shoes that will help you in playing.
Traction, cushioning, fit, support should be first taken into account while purchasing basketball shoes for a wide foot.
Suggestions for Buying Comfortable Basketball Sneakers for Wide Feet
If you are in a hurry and you don’t have time to read the full article in detail to know all the tech, features that each of the above-listed basketball sneakers has. Don’t worry at all I am here to give you my suggestion that will help you to get the best basketball shoes for your wider feet.
However, all the shoes that I have mentioned above are of high value and can provide you an excellent gaming experience but if you are looking for sneakers that are comfortable for your wide feet, responsive, have great cushioning, offers great grip for support, are affordable and that can help you to achieve greatness on the basketball court. the best option for you is Adidas D Lillard 2.
Nike LeBron XIII is also another option for you if you really don’t care to spend more because these shoes are also good for players with broad feet, but their price is a little bit high.
If you are looking for shoes that have lightweight and have other features that provide you comfort and support, you can go for Under Armour Fireshot.
Under Armor UA jet 2017, Jordan Nike Men’s Air XXXI, Under Armour Men’s Curry 3, Adidas Rose 7 are also great options if you want to try them for playing basketball.
Q1: Do basketball shoes come in wide?
You can wear basketball shoes which fit your big feet with real pain. Many effective shoes are cut slightly narrow to fit athletes consistently large feet. But happily, wide-footer basketball shoes still exist.
Q2: Which Nikes are best for wide feet?
No width suits anything to manufacture our Nike shoes in a wide and extra-large size. The Nike LeBron XIII and Nike Air Force 1 are usually used in larger widths.
Q3: Are wide feet bad?
Although wide feet are generally little to think of other health conditions, they may also cause it. Managing these disorders and the usage of appropriate footwear can help reduce difficulties for those with wide feet.
Q4: Are Nike shoes wider than Adidas?
Adidas saw the scale as true. However, Nike shoes have a slightly smaller quarter. When you purchase Nike sneakers, you can get a size. Some people have too large shoes to carry.
Q5: What are the best basketball shoes for wide feet?
It is crucial first to look for a shoe that is good for large feet for every shoe. The more comfortable the leather is, the more the foot the shoe wraps. The foot area of the shoe will be thin if the shoe is rough.
Playing Basketball requires a lot of movements like running, jumping, changing directions, shoes are your best ally for this type of game. You can perform well on the court with good shoes for your wider feet. Finding comfortable, proper-fitting shoes for wider feet is not an easy task.
Above mentioned shoes are best to make sure that your foot will not be tight. And one more thing it is not necessary that all the above-listed shoes are going to fit all types of feet.
Everyone has a different foot size and shape which is why I recommend that try out the shoes before buying them, particularly when you have wider feet. Take caution and only buy basketball shoes that are comfortable and fit well on your feet.
- SEAMLESS INTEGRATED WEAVING & HOT-MELT PROCESS: High-quality integrated weaving combined with hot-melt process to fully reduce the discomfort of the foot and provide comfortable wrapping and support....
- PEAK STA STABILIZATION MODULE: A stabilization module that rolls up on the outside of the forefoot and bulges outward, providing support for the lateral movement of the foot and reducing the chance of...
- OUTDOOR RB UPGRADED WEAR-RESISTANT RUBBER: By upgrading the rubber formula, the wear resistance has been greatly improved, which can better adapt to the conditions of plastics, cement, etc. in the...
- EXCELLENT SPORTS EXPERIENCE: Peak basketball shoes are positioned on the basis of actual combat styles, more optimized and designed for the actual combat experience in the field. The powerful...
- 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION: We are committed to providing our customers with anti-slip basketball shoes that we can stand by. If you are not satisfied with anything then simply get in touch with our...
- Nike swoosh, lifestyle.
- Mens Shoes
- Athletic Shoes
- adidas unisex-youth Basketball Shoe
- The adidas brand has a long history and deep-rooted connection with sport. Everything we do is rooted in sport.
- Driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation as well as decades of accumulating sports science expertise, we cater for all, from elite professional athletes and teams to any individual who wants to...
- Under Armour’s mission is to make all athletes better through passion, design and the relentless pursuit of innovation
- Where we started? It all started with an idea to build a superior T-shirt
- The technology behind Under Armour's diverse product assortment for men, women and youth is complex, but the program for reaping the benefits is simple: wear HeatGear when it's hot, ColdGear when it's...
- Signature Style: Featuring a supple leather upper with nubuck side stripes and hits of suede, all these aesthetic shoes are missing is your fierce game face
- Premium Construction: Soft and enhanced with slight stretch, these leather shoes feature a comfortable textile lining, secure lace closure, and responsive rubber cupsole
- Fresh-Forever Heritage Design: Relish in all the B-ball details of these premium high-top sneakers, including an embroidered vector
- Versatile Basketball Trainers: These classic basketball sneakers are available in different sizes and colors
- 1. SIZE NOTICE FOR WOW 9: Please select half a size larger than the normal size for WOW 9. The design of WOW 9 is using a zipper to wrap the foot, which would be tight for your foot, but the sport...
- 2. JIANG & BOOM: Featuring Li-Ning’s latest JIANG structural material, and BOOM midsole technology – the WOW9 provides propelling force for speed, powerful energy for takeoff, and ultimate...
- 3. WOW 9 DESIGN: The design language of the Way of Wade 9 is futuristic, while the silhouette remains simplistic and versatile. The molecular motif seen throughout the shoe is representative of...
- PROTECTION: Forefoot side wall TPU, heel counter, rubber top cover and carbon fiber patch gives you outstanding protection and outstanding performance. All-round support and protection of the feet, ou...
- 5.WOW 9 PEBAX: The full-length carbon fiber board brings ultimate protection, while providing additional propulsion, with the PEBAX stable tray is powerful against torsion, helping you to attack...